Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Easing back into work

My Father-in-law was supposed to be here until the 31st, but his wife called and her dad had been taken to ICU.   As harsh as it is to say, I hope that his time has come to move on to the Summerlands. He has been in so much pain and unable to care for himself for so long that it would be a mercy for him to pass.

Anyway, I was up early (4am) yesterday because a solution to a problem at work woke me up and I had to come down and log in to try it when my Father-in-Law came down and asked if his flight could be changed because he wanted to get back to be there for his wife and all.   I jumped right on it and got his flight changed with no charge or additional fees.  As of this time, my Grandfather-in-law???  is still hanging on in ICU but hopes are not high.

********


Well, vacation time is over and it's time to start thinking about work again.

Today is my first "official" day back at work and all I'm really doing is watching for new email.   I have many things to do but reviewing patch notes or doing network diagrams for new product just isn't tickling my motivation bone today.  I checked my meeting schedule and it seems I was smart enough to put all new project meetings off until the 6th of January so I should build back up to full work mode by then.

In going over some of the email from when I was "Out of the Office" it seems I've been re-org'd again.  Lets see that makes the 6th new boss in 4 years.  I'm getting tired of training new bosses...

... that being said, I'm glad I have my job and that I have enough work to keep me busy.  An idle Otterboyy is a dangerous one. :)

Maybe I'll go play with my new camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment