Sunday, December 27, 2009

Yes, I did it.

This hasn't been the best Holiday season.

My wife got laid off a week and a half ago and then 5 days later gets a call from the State of Washington that the son that she gave up for adoption 15 years ago has been given up by the adoptive parents.  It has been quite a one-two punch.

Fortunately we had already gotten the presents for the family and for Pickle (the 10 year-old). We wouldn't have gotten the things that we did if we had waited and then the Wife got laid off for sure.   But, being that we had, we stuck with it and even spent a bit more to decorate the house since it's our first Christmas in our first house.

Then it comes to me getting a present for myself.  It's not something I regularly do, but this was a bit different.  See I've been saving for 3 years to buy this particular item and I finally had saved up enough to get what I wanted and some accessories with it and here I am now with the Wife getting laid off.  

Do I still get it?  I've saved for 3 years for it!
 I waffled, I almost ordered it 5 times in 3 days...

Finally I did order it.

My present to myself

All in all I got the camera and 3 lenses and I'm a happy shutter bug.  I did make one concession in the fact that I bought the model one level down from the one I wanted and paid off the balance on one of our credit cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment